The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) and 奥古斯塔 Technical College instruct and evaluate students on their work ethic in all programs of study. Ten work ethic traits have been identified and defined as essential for student success. These traits are as identified:
- 外观: Displays appropriate dress, grooming, and hygiene.
- 出席人数: Attends class; arrives/leaves on time; notifies instructor in advance of planned absences.
- 态度: Demonstrates a positive outlook; demonstrates mannerly behavior; follows chain of command.
- 性格: 显示忠诚, 诚实, 诚信, 可靠性, 可靠性, 倡议, 自律, and self-responsibility.
- 交流: Displays appropriate nonverbal, verbal, and written skills.
- 合作: Handles criticism, conflicts, and complaints appropriately; works well with others.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Prioritizes and manages time and resources 有效地; demonstrates flexibility in handling change; follows directions and procedures for the work environment.
- 生产力: Completes tasks assigned efficiently, 有效地, and timely; demonstrates problem-solving capabilities.
- 尊重: Tolerates other points of view; acknowledge and appreciates rights of others, has regard for diversity.
- 团队合作: Works collaboratively with others toward a common goal in a respectful and cooperative manner; participates appropriately as a team member.
Why 职业道德 Matter
Strong work ethics are a top concern both state wide and nationally. The Georgia Department of Education created a program— GeorgiaBEST —to educate and train students in the area of work ethics. 美国.S. Department of Labor estimates that 80 percent of workers who lose their jobs do so not because of lack of occupational skills, but because of poor work ethics.